No real estate tax relief is in sight for tax delinquent property owners in Quezon City as the Office of the City Treasurer shall be conducting a public auction on December 12, 2013.
Details for the Quezon City tax foreclosure auction can be found below.
Table of Contents
- 1 Date, time, and venue of Quezon City tax foreclosure auction
- 2 If you need help with property taxes…
- 3 Notice of Delinquent Real Property – Quezon City
- 4 What is the legal basis for this auction?
- 5 Real estate tax relief for other cities in Metro Manila
Date, time, and venue of Quezon City tax foreclosure auction
The auction of Quezon City tax delinquent real properties shall be on December 12, 2013, Thursday, 10:00am, at the Ground Floor, Taxpayer’s Assessment and Payment Lounge, City Hall Complex, Quezon City, Philippines.
If you need help with property taxes…
If your property is listed on the notice below, and need help with your property taxes (it’s hard to believe but some people are just unaware that property ownership requires the payment of real property taxes, or they don’t know they have properties to begin with… sounds crazy but true), it would be best to seek assistance directly from the Quezon City Office Of The City Treasurer before the auction. This would help you avoid unscrupulous individuals out there whose intention is to scam you and take advantage of your situation.
Anyway, please refer to the list below to double check if your property is on the list.
Notice of Delinquent Real Property – Quezon City
If you were to go to the Quezon City Taxpayer’s Assessment and Payment Lounge, you will see the list of delinquent real property units scheduled for auction on December 12, 2013 posted just outside.
You don’t need to go there to get your copy, I already scanned the list and posted it below. Just click on the image preview to download the list… just think of this as my birthday gift to all of you. 🙂
You can also click on this link to download the list:
What is the legal basis for this auction?
This auction shall be conducted by virtue of sections 260 and 263 of RA 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991.
In summary, Section 260 gives an overview of the process on how the local treasurer will advertise and conduct the sale of delinquent real properties. This is done within 30 days of the warrant of levy. “Levy” refers to the seizure of real property to satisfy a debt, which in this case is the unpaid real property taxes and the related interest and costs of the tax foreclosure sale.
Section 263 on the other hand states that the local treasurer conducting the sale shall purchase the property in behalf of the local government unit, just in case there are no bidders or if the highest bid is insufficient to pay for the unpaid real property tax and related interest and costs of the tax foreclosure sale. In other words, unsold properties shall become properties of the local government unit, but will still be subject to the mandatory one (1) year redemption period.
To access the complete text, please refer to this post: Sections 260 and 263 of RA 7160
Real estate tax relief for other cities in Metro Manila
As mentioned earlier in this post, the Local Government of the City of Paranaque gave their residents some breathing room through a tax amnesty that ended just last month. Although the amnesty has ended, they are giving residents up to 20% discount for early bird payments of real property taxes up to December 15, 2013. Details can be seen in the tarp below.
Muntinlupa city residents can still take advantage of the tax amnesty offered to residents which will be up to December 31, 2013. Check out the following article for more details: Muntinlupa Gives Real Estate Tax Relief Thru Amnesty For Real Property Owners Until December 31, 2013
Tagged with: help with property taxes, notice of delinquent real property, quezon city tax delinquent properties, real estate tax relief, tax foreclosure auction
FREE CHECKLIST: IDENTIFY AND AVOID PROBLEMATIC FORECLOSED PROPERTIES BY DOING PROPER DUE DILIGENCE!
Avoid losing money, wasted time and effort caused by buying foreclosed properties that have too many problems, with our free 60-item Property Due Diligence Checklist. Grab your free copy now.
- Las Pinas City Real Property Tax Amnesty Extended Until July 31, 2015
- Quezon City Tax Relief For Delinquent Real Properties Ends On June 30, 2015
- Real Property Tax Amnesty For Las Pinas City Ends On June 30, 2015
- Notice To The Public For Quezon City Tax Delinquent Properties – Auction Slated On May 15, 2014
- Muntinlupa Gives Real Estate Tax Relief Thru Amnesty For Real Property Owners Until December 31, 2013
- Good News: Paranaque Tax Delinquent Properties Get Relief Through Tax Amnesty Until November 15, 2013
- July 4, 2013 Auction Of Quezon City Tax Delinquent Properties Slated
- Quezon City Tax Delinquent Properties Auction Slated On April 4, 2013
- Quezon City Tax delinquent properties auction slated on December 6, 2012
- Pasig City Tax Delinquent Properties auction slated on November 13, 2012