Here’s good news for all real property owners in Las Pinas City, the local government has passed a city ordinance that grants a tax amnesty for real property. The real property tax amnesty took effect last March 20, 2015 and will be up to June 30, 2015. Check out the details below.
Actually, I have seen tarpaulins for the tax amnesty in various streets within Las Pinas City, like the one above which was at Abel Nosce Street.
I’m glad that the Las Pinas City Government is conducting an information campaign about the tax amnesty as we received a flyer that had more details about it.
Las Pinas City Tax Amnesty Coverage
Here’s a summary of what the tax amnesty covers, based on the flyer:
- Privately owned land and improvements with arrears – Owners can pay back taxes without penalty up to June 30, 2015. Tax delinquent real property owners are advised to avail of the tax amnesty to avoid foreclosure and inclusion of their property in the next tax foreclosure auction after the amnesty period.
- Undeclared privately owned land and improvements – Property owners can now declare said properties and pay real property taxes for 2 years with penalties waived.
- Privately owned land and improvements that were not reclassified from residential to commercial – I believe these include properties whose classifications were not updated based on actual use. Property owners can pay 2 years worth of real property taxes for such reclassified properties with penalties waived.
Through the flyer that was being distributed to real property owners in Las Pinas, they reminded everyone to be responsible and avail of the said tax amnesty. The flyer was signed by Susan M. Bombita, Officer-in-Charge, Office of the City Treasury. You may read it in its entirety below (just click on the image to view a copy in PDF format).
How about other Cities/Municipalities?
Do you know of any other Cities/Municipalities that have offered a tax amnesty to real property owners out there? If you do, please share them through the comments below. Thanks!
Tagged with: las pinas real property tax amnesty, Real Property Taxes, realty taxes, Tax amnesty, Tax Delinquent Properties
FREE CHECKLIST: IDENTIFY AND AVOID PROBLEMATIC FORECLOSED PROPERTIES BY DOING PROPER DUE DILIGENCE!
Avoid losing money, wasted time and effort caused by buying foreclosed properties that have too many problems, with our free 60-item Property Due Diligence Checklist. Grab your free copy now.
- Las Pinas City Real Property Tax Amnesty Extended Until July 31, 2015
- Quezon City Tax Relief For Delinquent Real Properties Ends On June 30, 2015
- Muntinlupa Gives Real Estate Tax Relief Thru Amnesty For Real Property Owners Until December 31, 2013
- Good News: Paranaque Tax Delinquent Properties Get Relief Through Tax Amnesty Until November 15, 2013
- RA 11469 “Bayanihan to Heal As One Act”: Provisions related to Real Estate (with full text)
- Manually Issued Land Titles Not Yet Digitized By September 30, 2018 To Remain Valid – LRA
- Real estate brokers exam for retakers slated on December 16, 2017 (Even if others say it’s illegal)
- Why You Should Never Give Cash To Real Estate Agents (And What To Do Instead)
- Get Up To 20% Discount On Real Property Tax (Amilyar) In Las Pinas And Paranaque By Paying Early
- Avoid the cancellation and foreclosure of properties under Pag-IBIG housing loans