How can the 1% rule help you find a rental property with the best returns?
Can you use this to find suitable rentals from foreclosed properties in the Philippines?
Yes, of course! I’ll explain how with real-life examples.
Note: The video recording did not include the part where I gave a more detailed explanation re: the term/formula for Gross Rental Yield. So what is gross rental yield?
Gross rental yield – Quick definition
Monthly Gross Rental Yield compares the monthly rent to the selling price, as a percentage and is simply the monthly rent divided by the selling price.
Monthly Gross Rental Yield can also be referred to as the monthly gross return on investment of a rental property.
Links mentioned in the video
- Gross Rental Yield Calculator: https://www.foreclosurephilippines.com/rental-yield-calculator/
- My foreclosed property that exceeds the 1% rule: https://youtu.be/ZL1zCtCShWY
0:00 Intro to 1% rule for rentals
0:09 Summary/definition of 1% rule for rentals
0:20 Why the 1% rule is useful when looking for rental properties
0:32 You should still get rental rates for tenanted properties
1:08 How to get rental rates
1:35 Step-by-step for foreclosed properties
2:00 How to establish accurate rental rates via market research
2:15 Gross Rental Yield definition w/ formula
2:34 Establish the average in your target location
2:49 Sample computation w/average for target location
3:40 Workshop – sample property #1 (Above average)
4:12 Workshop – sample property #2 (Below average – overpriced)
4:35 Workshop – sample property #3 (Above average)
4:52 My observation/insights for target location within Las Pinas
5:45 My Gross Rental Yield Calculator
5:58 Sample calculation #1 (w/ explanation)
7:24 Example foreclosed property that exceeds 1% rule
About the video
This was recorded during the Wealth Summit at the PICC in 2017. While this just an excerpt of my talk about investing in foreclosed properties, it still has a lot of info when it comes to choosing rental properties with the best returns using the 1% rule.
FREE CHECKLIST: IDENTIFY AND AVOID PROBLEMATIC FORECLOSED PROPERTIES BY DOING PROPER DUE DILIGENCE!
Avoid losing money, wasted time and effort caused by buying foreclosed properties that have too many problems, with our free 60-item Property Due Diligence Checklist. Grab your free copy now.
- [Video-Tagalog] 30+ Beginner Questions About Foreclosed Properties w/ tips, advice, and examples
- Real Estate Investing: ROI versus COCR – What’s the Difference?
- [Video] What are the advantages with investing in foreclosed properties (and other frequently asked questions)
- ROI – Flipping Vs Rentals: A Deeper Look
- How To Buy Pag-Ibig Acquired Assets in 2021 (Negotiated Sale) Step-By-Step Tutorial Video
- Pasalo (Assume Balance): Sell a house and lot via Mortgage Assumption (overview)
- Top 10 Mistakes when Buying Foreclosed Properties/Real Estate | Real Estate Investing for Beginners
- How to find foreclosed properties with good property values (After Repair Value case study)
- How I started with investing in foreclosed properties (What happened to my first purchase?)
- How to estimate market values of foreclosed properties (plus bonus tip)