It’s that time of the year again, real property owners need to pay property taxes. The good news is, cities like Las Pinas and Paranaque are now giving up to 20% discount for early payment. Details below.
For the unfamiliar, real property taxes or RPT (also known as amilyar) must be paid yearly or quarterly as part of a property owners’ responsibilities.
Failure to pay can lead to the inclusion of a property in tax delinquent property auctions.
Recommended reading: What you need to know about real property tax (RPT) in the Philippines
Real property tax discounts in Las Pinas
I chanced upon the following announcement posted at the Las Pinas City hall:
If you are a Las Pinas City property owner, you have until November 29, 2016 to make an advanced payment and avail the 20% discount on your real property tax bill for 2017.
Paranaque City real property tax discounts
We chanced upon this tarpaulin being installed in Paranaque the other day:
Although the year stated in the tarpaulin was wrong (it’s 2015 instead of 2016… probably explains the concerned look on the faces of those who installed it), I think it’s safe to assume that Paranaque City property owners can get the following discounts:
- 20% – If payment is made on or before December 15, 2016
- 16% – If payment is made on or before December 31, 2016
I’ll update this when I see a tarp that has the year right. 🙂
“But I’m not from Las Pinas / Paranaque”
Even if you are not from Las Pinas / Paranaque, you should still check with your city/municipal treasurer’s office if early payment discounts are available. Anyway, you will have to pay RPT, so might as well check if discounts are available.
Most Local Government Units (LGU’s) offer early payment discounts to encourage more people to pay their RPT, which should mean the LGU will have more funds for the coming year.
Are there other cities/municipalities that offer early payment discount for real property taxes?
If you know of any other cities or municipalities that are offering discounts for early payment of real property taxes, please share it here by leaving a comment below. Thanks!
Don’t forget to share this with your friends from Las Pinas/Paranaque.
FREE CHECKLIST: IDENTIFY AND AVOID PROBLEMATIC FORECLOSED PROPERTIES BY DOING PROPER DUE DILIGENCE!
Avoid losing money, wasted time and effort caused by buying foreclosed properties that have too many problems, with our free 60-item Property Due Diligence Checklist. Grab your free copy now.
- RA 11469 “Bayanihan to Heal As One Act”: Provisions related to Real Estate (with full text)
- Manually Issued Land Titles Not Yet Digitized By September 30, 2018 To Remain Valid – LRA
- Real estate brokers exam for retakers slated on December 16, 2017 (Even if others say it’s illegal)
- Why You Should Never Give Cash To Real Estate Agents (And What To Do Instead)
- Avoid the cancellation and foreclosure of properties under Pag-IBIG housing loans
- Positive Political Climate expected to bring Stability and Growth to the Philippine Real Estate Market
- Real Estate Outlook in a Duterte Presidency
- Updated: February 2016 Real Estate Brokers Licensure Exam Results And Registration Schedule
- Congratulations To The August 2015 Real Estate Appraisers Exam Passers and Topnotchers!
- Confirmed! The Next Real Estate Brokers’ Exam in Q1-2016 Will Be Open To All (Not Only For Re-takers)