In today’s blogpost, I want to share a very important tip when it comes to inspecting foreclosed properties: You should always inspect during daytime, here’s why…
One aspect of doing your due diligence is inspecting the property. However, most foreclosed properties out there will have no electricity because it has been disconnected due to non-payment, so you might not be able to see things clearly inside the property with no lights.
Note: Yes, you can bring a flashlight, but based on experience, it’s not really effective.
This can make it unsafe/dangerous because there might be hazards inside the property that you might not see, like holes/excavations that can make you trip, or you can even fall into them (if big enough).
Also, if a foreclosed property is old and dilapidated, you might also encounter other things that are unsafe like debris, parts of the building that might fall on you, floors that might cave-in, and other hazardous things you might encounter.
I’ll show to you what I mean and explain further through the following short video (It’s less than 3 minutes long!).
How about you, have you encountered something similar while inspecting foreclosed properties? Let me know by leaving a comment below.
Stay safe and have a Happy Halloween!
P.S. – Don’t forget to share this video to your friends.
FREE CHECKLIST: IDENTIFY AND AVOID PROBLEMATIC FORECLOSED PROPERTIES BY DOING PROPER DUE DILIGENCE!
Avoid losing money, wasted time and effort caused by buying foreclosed properties that have too many problems, with our free 60-item Property Due Diligence Checklist. Grab your free copy now.
- [Video-Tagalog] 30+ Beginner Questions About Foreclosed Properties w/ tips, advice, and examples
- Real Estate Investing: ROI versus COCR – What’s the Difference?
- [Video] What are the advantages with investing in foreclosed properties (and other frequently asked questions)
- ROI – Flipping Vs Rentals: A Deeper Look
- 1% Rule for Rental Property – Find suitable foreclosed properties to keep as rentals in the Philippines
- How To Buy Pag-Ibig Acquired Assets in 2021 (Negotiated Sale) Step-By-Step Tutorial Video
- Pasalo (Assume Balance): Sell a house and lot via Mortgage Assumption (overview)
- Top 10 Mistakes when Buying Foreclosed Properties/Real Estate | Real Estate Investing for Beginners
- How to find foreclosed properties with good property values (After Repair Value case study)
- How I started with investing in foreclosed properties (What happened to my first purchase?)