I spotted this tarpaulin along Sucat Road across Duty Free Philippines and I thought Paranaque residents might want to check this out. The tarp says a public hearing on “Adopting the revised schedule of values of real property in the City of Paranaque” will be conducted from September 12-15, 2011.
I’m not really sure if this has anything to do with the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR). If you will recall, the BIR started to update real property zonal values nationwide more than a year ago. I do believe this will have an effect on Paranaque zonal values and real property taxes.
Anyway, I have posted below the contents of the Notice of Public Hearing which can be seen in the picture above.
Notice of Public Hearing
What: Public hearing by the Committee on Ways and Means on Draft Ordinance No. 031 entitled:
“Adopting the revised schedule of values of real property in the city of Paranaque”
Where: San Antonio Gym
September 12, 2011
- 9AM Barangay San Antonio/Barangay Sun Valley
- 2PM Barangay Moonwalk/barangay Marcelo Green
September 13, 2011
- 9AM barangay Don Bosco/Barangay Merville/Barangay San Martin De Porres
- 2PM Barangay BF
September 14, 2011
- 9AM Barangay Baclaran/Barangay Santo Nino
- 2PM Barangay San Dionisio
September 15, 2011
- 9AM Barangay Tambo, Barangay Don Galo, Barangay La Huerta, Barangay Vitalez
- 2PM Barangay San Isidro
Why bother attending the public hearing?
If you have properties in Paranaque, you might want to check this out to see how the revised schedule of real property values might affect you. This is your chance to participate and let your voice be heard.
For example, if the real property values are raised, this would lead to a corresponding increase in real property taxes.
I just hope the revised property values would be close to actual market values of the properties in Paranaque.
If you are able to attend any of these hearings, please do leave a comment below to share what may have transpired. Thanks!
To our success and financial freedom!
Real Estate Investor
PRC Real Estate Broker Registration No. 3194
Follow me in Twitter: http://twitter.com/jay_castillo
Find us in Facebook: Foreclosure Investing Philippines Facebook Page
Text by Jay Castillo and Cherry Castillo. Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved.
Full disclosure: Nothing to disclose.
Tagged with: BIR, Bureau of Internal Revenue, market value, paranaque real estate market values, paranaque zonal values, Real Property Taxes, zonal values
FREE CHECKLIST: IDENTIFY AND AVOID PROBLEMATIC FORECLOSED PROPERTIES BY DOING PROPER DUE DILIGENCE!
Avoid losing money, wasted time and effort caused by buying foreclosed properties that have too many problems, with our free 60-item Property Due Diligence Checklist. Grab your free copy now.
- Is BIR RR No. 10-2013 Favorable To Violators Of The RESA Law?
- Tax Planning For Real Estate Using Corporations And BIR RR No. 6-2013
- How To Compute For Registration Fees (Registry of Deeds)
- Homeowner’s association dues now subject to income tax and VAT (RMC No. 9-2013)
- Donation As An Estate Planning Tool (A Discussion on Donor’s Tax)
- What You Need to Know About Real Property Tax (RPT) In The Philippines
- How to get a 20% discount on real property taxes
- Tax update: Condominium association dues are now subject to VAT
- Death, Real Estate, and Estate Tax
- VAT Update: Adjacent residential properties are now considered as one under BIR RR 13-2012