If you are a DTI licensed real estate broker, appraiser, or consultant covered by the “grandfather clause” of the RESA Law, then you don’t need to retake the licensure exam to get your PRC license. You just need to register with the PRC, provided you are qualified, you have all of the real estate license requirements, and you will also have to have to pay the corresponding fees.
Who are qualified?
Please refer to the grandfather clause of the RESA Law to find out who are qualified. It can be found here: https://www.foreclosurephilippines.com/2011/05/what-is-the-grandfather-clause-of-the-resa-law.html
Real estate license requirements for Real Estate Brokers, Appraisers, and Consultants
To following documents are the real estate license requirements which you need to submit to the PRC:
1. Original and Photocopy of NSO Birth Certificate or valid Philippine passport.
2. Original and Photocopy of NSO Marriage Certificate ( for Married Female Only)
3. Original and Photocopy DTI Certificate of Registration / License and / or DTI Identification Card
4. Original DTI Certificate of Rating (for those who passed the examinations but failed to obtain their license).
5. Original NBI Clearance (updated)
6. Original and duly notarized CEP / CPE Certification earned in 2007 to July 30, 2011 accordingly as follow:
- Fifteen (15) CEP / CPE credit units for those with valid DTI licenses
- Twenty-Four (24) CEP / CPE credit units for those who failed to renew prior to July 30, 2009
- Fifteen (15) CEP / CPE credit units for DTI examination passers for the period 2008-2009 but failed to obtain their licenses
- Eighteen (18) CEP / CPE credit units for DTI examination passers last 2007 but failed to obtain their licenses
- One hundred twenty (120) credit units for DTI examination passers last 2006 and prior years but failed to obtain their licenses
7. Original Civil Service Commission Certification of Rating on Real Property Assessing Officers Examination (RPAO passers only). For Government Assessor/ Appraiser
8. Duly Notarized Certification of Appointment Papers and Service Records by the Department of Finance (DOF) or other Government Agencies stating their years of experience on real property appraisal / assessment and have completed at least One Hundred twenty (120) hours of accredited training on real property appraisal and 24 CPE credit units. ( Government Appraisers / Assessors Only)
9. Professional Indemnity Insurance / Cash or Surety Bond – renewal every 3 years with a minimum amount of P20,000.00 in favor of Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) / Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board (HLURB) for Real Estate Brokers and Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) only. for private real estate appraiser. ( Bonding company should be in good standing with the Insurance Commission)
10. Four (4) colored passport size pictures with white background and complete nametag.
11. Original and Photocopy of Community Tax Certificate (CTC).
Steps in filing your application for registration without examination
1. Fill-up application form together with required documents for pre-evaluation to the Office Secretary, PRBs or of the Asst. Secretary, PRBs (3rd Flr. Main Bldg.) at the PRC Central Office and Regional Offices processing counters. When I went there last February, it took me 30 minutes to do this. Yes, I write slowly.
2. To those with a DTI Registration or license, proceed to the Registration Division for verification of your Registration or license number from DTI. For those who passed the DTI licensure examinations but failed to obtain their license, proceed to the Records Division. ( In the absence of original document, certification from the Registration / Record Division is required). If i remember correctly, I verified my records at Window-H at the annex building and it took me about 15 minutes.
3. Proceed to the cashier for payment of fees. (Ground Flr., Main Bldg.) I paid Php900.00 and I was done in 5 minutes.
4. Proceed to the Customer Service Center for metered documentary stamp (Ground Flr., Annex Bldg.). This cost me Php21.00.
5. Proceed to notarization (2nd floor main building). I paid Php100.00 and was done in about 15 minutes.
6. Submit duly accomplished application form to the Office of the Asst. Secretary ( 3rd floor of main building). I was done in about 10 minutes.
7. Verify status of application by calling the PRC at Tel. No. (02) 735-1533 (Goodluck!). You can also visit the PRC website or just subscribe here and get alerted.
All applications for registration without examination must be filed on or before July 30, 2011. This is the deadline as stated in the RESA Law IRR.
Application for registration without examination form
The Application for registration without examination form can be downloaded below:
To our success and financial freedom!
Real Estate Investor
PRC Real Estate Broker Registration No. 3194
Follow me in Twitter: http://twitter.com/jay_castillo
Find us in Facebook: Foreclosure Investing Philippines Facebook Page
Text by Jay Castillo and Cherry Castillo. Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved.
Full disclosure: Nothing to disclose.
PS. Join me at the next Think Rich Pinoy Seminar by Larry Gamboa which will be on May 28, 2011! Yes, I will be attending and I hope to see you there. Click here for more details.