Here’s an overview of “Pasalo” (assume balance) house and lot process. I was asked what’s the process to sell a house and lot via “assume balance” during an FB live hosted by Boost Gio. I gave an overview w/ an example where I sold our house (with Pag-IBIG housing loan).
This is applicable to properties with existing mortgage loans (Ex.Pag-IBIG housing loans). It would be a different process for properties under a contract-to-sell (CTS), I’ll discuss selling properties under a CTS (ex. foreclosed properties from Unionbank, RCBC, etc) in another video.
There’s also a different process for transfer of rights (ex. preselling na condo, etc.)
This video was recorded way back in November 29, 2018, I’m glad I found a recording. 🙂
I edited this to add notes on the screen for more clarity.
This is just one of many videos where I was invited to share experiences and lessons learned about investing in real estate/foreclosed properties in the Philippines.
Subscribe to get notified when I upload more videos about real estate investing/foreclosed properties in the Philippines. Click on the following link to subscribe:
0:12 Option 1: Deed of Sale w/ Assumption of Mortgage
0:30 Option 2: Take over mortgage payments w/ “internal agreement”
0:49 Foreclosure risk with mortgage assumption
1:04 Assume balance Pag-IBIG housing loan example
1:33 Original borrower must be proactive
1:41 Disadvantages for the buyer
FREE CHECKLIST: IDENTIFY AND AVOID PROBLEMATIC FORECLOSED PROPERTIES BY DOING PROPER DUE DILIGENCE!
Avoid losing money, wasted time and effort caused by buying foreclosed properties that have too many problems, with our free 60-item Property Due Diligence Checklist. Grab your free copy now.
- [Video-Tagalog] 30+ Beginner Questions About Foreclosed Properties w/ tips, advice, and examples
- Real Estate Investing: ROI versus COCR – What’s the Difference?
- [Video] What are the advantages with investing in foreclosed properties (and other frequently asked questions)
- ROI – Flipping Vs Rentals: A Deeper Look
- 1% Rule for Rental Property – Find suitable foreclosed properties to keep as rentals in the Philippines
- How To Buy Pag-Ibig Acquired Assets in 2021 (Negotiated Sale) Step-By-Step Tutorial Video
- Top 10 Mistakes when Buying Foreclosed Properties/Real Estate | Real Estate Investing for Beginners
- How to find foreclosed properties with good property values (After Repair Value case study)
- How I started with investing in foreclosed properties (What happened to my first purchase?)
- How to estimate market values of foreclosed properties (plus bonus tip)