Just want to say goodluck to all aspiring real estate brokers out there who are taking the Real Estate Brokers Licensure Exam tomorrow, May 24, 2015. In addition, just wanted to give you some last minute reminders. Here you go…
2015 Real Estate Brokers Exam Room assignments
If you haven’t downloaded the room assignments from PRC’s website, what’s wrong with you?! Kidding aside, you should have your room assignments by now, and you should have visited your respective rooms already. If you have no copy, here are links to the respective room assignments.
Program for 2015 Real estate brokers exam
Just to be sure you have reviewed for the right topics, you should check out the program for the exam day on May 24, 2015. If you have not reviewed for some topics, you still have a few hours left (sorry, didn’t mean to pressure you…haha!) Here’s the program, which also includes general instructions for examinees:
Professional Regulation Commission
PROFESSIONAL REGULATORY BOARD OF REAL ESTATE SERVICE
PROGRAM OF THE REAL ESTATE BROKERS LICENSURE EXAMINATION TO BE HELD ON MAY 24, 2015 IN MANILA, BAGUIO, CDO, CEBU, DAVAO, ILOILO, LEGASPI AND LUCENA CITIES
|DATE AND TIME||SUBJECTS||WEIGHT|
|SUNDAY, MAY 24, 2015|
|7:00 A.M. – 7:45 A.M.||GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS AND FILLING UP OF FORMS|
|8:00 A.M. – 10:00 A.M.||GENERAL/FUNDAMENTALS||25%|
|11:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.||SPECIAL AND TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE||25%|
|2:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M.||PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE||50%|
COVERAGE OF EXAMINATION FOR:
1. Fundamentals of property ownership;
2. Code of Ethics and Responsibilities;
3. Legal Requirements for Real Estate Service (R.A 9646/IRR);
4. Real Estate Laws and Taxation (Agri Law, CARPER, R.A. No. 7160/8424, etc)
SPECIAL AND TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
1. Subdivision Development (incl., P.D. 957, B.P. 220, P.D. 7279, etc.)
2. Condominium Concept and other types of real estate holding
3. Legal Aspect of Sale, Mortgage, and Lease
4. Documentation and Registration
1. Real Estate Brokerage Practice
2. Real Estate Finance and Economics
3. Urban and Land Use
4. Planning, Development, and Zoning
5. Basic Principles of Ecology
6. Basic Appraisal for Real Estate Brokers
1. Your school/building assignment will be posted at the PRC premises two to three working days before the examination. Bring your NOTICE OF ADMISSION when you verify your School / building assignment. Visit your school/building assignment prior to the day of the examination.
2. Report to the school/building assignment before 6:30 a.m. on the first day of examination to verify your room and seat number. Be punctual, late examinees will not be admitted. Examination Fee of ABSENT examinees will be forfeited.
3. Examinees are required to wear the following attire every examination day:
Male Examinees – White polo shirts or t-shirts with collar, tucked-in
Female Examinees – White blouses or t-shirts with collar
4. Bring the following on examination day:
a. Notice of Admission
b. Official Receipt
c. One (1) piece metered-stamped Window Mailing Envelope
d. Two or more pencils (No. 2)
e. Ballpen with BLACK INK ONLY
f. One (1) piece Long Brown Envelope
g. One (1) piece Long Transparent (non-colored) Plastic Envelope (for keeping your valuables and other allowed items)
5. The following are PROHIBITED inside the examination premises/rooms.
a. PROGRAMMABLE CALCULATORS
b. CELLULAR PHONES, beepers, portable computers or similar gadgets/devices.
c. Bags of any kinds (ladies bag and shoulder bags, attaché case, backpacks, etc.)
d. Other examination aides not stated on this program.
NOTE: PRC WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PROHIBITED ITEMS THAT WILL BE LOST.
6. Read carefully and follow the instructions on your Notice of Admission and Examinees Kit.
EDUARDO G. ONG, PhD, DPA, DBA
Chairman, PRB of Real Estate Service
ATTY. LOVELIKA T. BAUTISTA
OIC, Office of the Secretary to the Professional Regulatory Boards
Last minute tips
If you have not read my wife’s tips on making it to the top 10 of the real estate brokers exam (based on her experience when she made it to the top ten in 2011), check this out:
One last thing…
Not only do I pray that you’ll pass, I also pray that you’ll make it to the top, and I look forward to seeing your name on the list of passers and topnotchers when the 2015 real estate brokers exam results are released.
I also pray that passing the real estate brokers exam will help you achieve success and happiness.
However, remember this, whether you pass or not, you can always invest in real estate, you don’t need a brokers license to become a real estate investor.
If you pass and dive in to the world of real estate brokerage, as rewarding as it is, please remember that being a broker is not the be-all and end-all of your real estate career.
Being a licensed real estate broker provides a huge advantage for real estate investors, but don’t let it consume all your time, and you are left with no time to invest in real estate.
It is a good stepping stone, so don’t forget to take that leap of faith of buying properties for yourself later on (If you haven’t done so yet). Don’t ever be content with brokering properties.
I guess that’s all I want to say for now…