What are the requirements for the Real Estate Brokers Licensure exam?

Updated on November 20, 2012 by 7 Comments

prbres logo

I know a lot of you out there have asked this question before, and there are more who will ask the same question again. I’ll just answer it here so I can refer to this post whenever the same question pops-up.

To answer the question “What are the requirements for the Real Estate Brokers Licensure exam?”, let me quote Section 14 of the RESA Law IRR which is about the qualifications of applicants for examinations below:

SEC. 14. Qualification of Applicants for Examinations. In order to be admitted to the licensure examination for real estate service, a candidate at the time of filing his/her application, shall establish to the satisfaction of the Board that he/she possesses the following qualifications:

(a)  A citizen of the Philippines,

(b)  A holder of a relevant bachelor’s degree from a state university or college, or other educational institution duly recognized by the CHED; Provided, That he/she has completed at least one hundred twenty (120) credit units of real estate subjects and training from accredited service providers, as may be determined by the Board; Provided, further, That as soon as a course leading to a Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Service is implemented by the CHED, the Board shall make this course a requirement for taking the licensure examination,

(c)  Is of good moral character, and must not have been convicted of any crime involving moral turpitude,

(d)  An applicant for the licensure examination for real estate consultants must show proof that he/she has at least ten (10) years experience as a licensed real estate broker, or an assessor, or as a bank, or institutional appraiser, or an employed person performing real property valuation, or at least five (5) years experience as a licensed real estate appraiser.

All applications for examination shall be filed with the  Board  who shall assess and approve said applications and issue to the qualified examinees the corresponding permits or notices of admission to take such  examination upon submission of the following documents:
  1. Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate or Certificate of Live Birth  (NSO) and / or valid Philippine passport, or any others proof of citizenship,
  2. Original and photocopy of transcript of records and / or diploma with scanned picture,
  3. Original and photocopy of notarized certification by employer of his/her years of  experience  or pre-requisite  Certificate of Registration (COR) and / or Professional Identification Card (PIC) or DTI license (for real estate consultants),
  4. Original and photocopy of NBI clearance,
  5. Original and photocopy of duly notarized accredited seminar and / or training certificate,
  6. Community tax certificate,
  7. Four (4) colored passport size pictures with white background and complete nametag and other documents in accordance with the requirements set by the Commission.”

If you have further questions about the real estate brokers licensure exam requirements, just leave a comment below. Thanks!



To our success and financial freedom!

Jay Castillo

Real Estate Investor
PRC Real Estate Broker License No. 3194 
Blog: http://www.foreclosurephilippines.com
Connect with us – Facebook | Twitter | Blog RSS | Google +

Text by Jay Castillo and Cherry Castillo. Copyright © 2008 – 2012 All rights reserved.

Full disclosure: Nothing to disclose.

  • fred

    hi im a 3yrs course graduate.. is there possible chance to take a brokerage exam.. 4-5 yrs experience in real estate.. ty

    • http://www.foreclosurephilippines.com Jay Castillo

      Hi Fred, if your 3-year course is a “bachelor’s degree from a state university or college, or other educational institution duly recognized by the CHED”, then yes you may.

  • Serafin U. Magsalin Jr.

    I’m a grraduate of Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering. But I don’t have a Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, can I take the Real Estate Brokers Licensure Exam on March 17, 2013? And I have not accomplish the 120 units of real estate subjects.
    I have lots of experience regarding real estate being real estate agent. I want to be a real estate licence broker . Please help me.
    Jun Magsalin

  • Pingback: It’s official: The 2013 Real Estate Brokers Exam will be on March 17, 2013()

  • http://www.realtysale.bahay.ph Napoleon A. Santos

    Hi Jay,

    I am a licensed REB

    My REB license issued by DTI expired on December 2010, do I need to attend a seminar and review in real estate in order to renew my license with PRC?

  • http://yahoo grace

    Hi Jay,
    Where can we access previous real estate exams.

    Thank you

  • John

    Hi Jay,

    I currently run a company that assists real estate agents in the US process housing valuations. Nearly all my staff have 4 years degrees and I’m pushing some of my top staff to get a brokers license to do business in the Philippines as well.

    Would this type of work qualify for the (120) credit units of real estate subjects and training from accredited service providers, or is there a list of certain business entities where they would have to go acquire 120 units prior to application?